What’s new for DesignThinkers 2023 in Vancouver
Engage in conversations, learn and grow through the experience of your peers during morning and lunch roundtable discussions on May 30 & 31. Sign-up when you register for the conference. Topics include:
- Building stronger design processes
- Overcoming creative burnout
- Who isn’t at the table? Designing for diversity, equity & inclusion
- The business of design: Aligning design practices with business mindsets
- Champagne taste on a beer budget: Doing more with less
- “Don’t you just make things pretty?”: Turning clients into design advocates
- Imposter syndrome who? Gaining confidence in your skills and abilities
- Me, myself and I: Succeeding as a solo practitioner
- The gentle art of feedback: How to give it and get it
- The power of failure: How setbacks have moved you forward
Marketplace and pop-up stores
Delegates can connect with exhibitors and see, feel, sample, test and consider the latest products and service offerings available to our industry in the Designer Marketplace. We will also be hosting a bunch of Canadian vendors and pop-up stores selling paper products, typographic goods, home products, ceramics, textiles and more.
Toronto-based Issues magazine shop that carries hard-to-find, independent magazines from around the world will also have a booth at the Designer Marketplace.
Local vendors interested in selling their products can email [email protected] to find out more.
Northeastern University Campus Tour & Lunch
Interested in learning more about how Northeastern University’s graduate programs can help you take the next step in your career? Their MS in Information Design and Data Visualization will strengthen your STEM skills and help you become a skilled collaborator in a dynamic and evolving interdisciplinary field. Sign-up for lunch and a campus tour (a short walk from the conference venue), taking place on May 31 (12-1 pm) while registering for the conference to take in the view of the Vancouver skyline and mountains and chat with their team.
Love a scavenger hunt? Let us know if you’d like to be to a part of one while registering for the conference! You are also welcome to attend the delegate party on May 30 at The Portside Pub for food, drink and conversations. Guest tickets are available for purchase.
Design Educators Conference (Post-conference)
The 2023 conference will take place on June 1 at Capilano University. This year’s conference will that address the future of design education. How can we create authentic, vibrant learning experiences for design students? How do we develop the skills they may need in the future? What can we embed into the curriculum to best prepare students? Confirmed speakers include Debbie Millman and Marian Bantjes.